Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Dim Sum and Pork Bun


 
Hong Kong Dim Sum Trolley - 123 James Street, Northbridge.
 
Last night I caught up with a friend who is leaving for the Big Apple the same day I fly to Broome, so big travels all around.  I had a hankering for Dim Sum and Pork bun, and I guess it was a little more sentimental for us as friends.  One of my favourite trips in Australia was a trip in 2010 when we went for a girls trip to Melbourne: shopped, got lost, ate copious amounts of Max Brenner, and lived - not even over exaggerating, on Dim Sum and Pork bun.  I originally wanted to go to another place, but they didnt serve pork bun for dinner, and that's exactly what I was craving!!  So we wondered to this crazy open food hall in Northbridge (and clutched our purses tightly :P), and found the 'Hong Kong Dim Sum Trolley' in the 'Old Shanghai Food Court'. PERFECT.  The food was deliscious, and fairly well priced. 
 
I had:
BBQ Pork Bun $5
Prawn and spinach Dumplings $4
Spring rolls $4
 
WHY GO THERE: Even though Northbridge has a stigma for being dodgy, it makes me angry.  It's in a pretty prime position and they have a lot of yummy food.  The food is cheap, quick and tasty. 
WHY NOT TO GO: Parking can be tricky and northbridge can be quite dodgy sometimes.
RATING: for a funky open Food Court, we muchly enjoyed it and it seemed to be quite popular.  Id give it a 7/10.
 
 
MISSTAH XX

5 comments:

  1. That's a great post, thanks for sharing, the food looks great! I really like your blog by the way, followed you on bloglovin, maybe follow me back?
    kisses and have a nice day,

    http://mesmemosphotoblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nora!! It was so gooood!!
    I've also followed you as well!! You have such good style at 15! Wish i had of been as fashionable at that age! hahaah
    Also follow me on GFC on the side bar there ;)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh YUM! I love dim sum so much <3 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?? I get a major craving about once a week!! So addictive!

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness. I LOVE DIM SUM! That food looks amazing. I've never tried prawn and spinach dumplings before, but I'm going to have to find some in Seattle Washington. Great photos! : )

    xox,
    anna-lamode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete